This policy points out how SEBA GmbH collects, processes, uses and stores information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you (your “Personal Information”). SEBA GmbH is committed to protecting your privacy and has prepared this policy to comply with all laws and regulations which apply to its business such as the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
SEBA GmbH takes responsibility for the processing of Personal Information in the course of our business. Under the GDPR, this means that SEBA GmbH is the “data controller”.
Collection and use of your Personal Information:
Depending on whether you or the business you work for is a supplier, customer or other business contact of SEBA GmbH, or are applying for employment with SEBA GmbH, we may collect different types of Personal Information about you. This may consist of:
- Information used to communicate with you, such as your name, address, telephone numbers, email address and job title;
- Payment or tax information such as your business identification or registration numbers, your tax file number, bank account details, credit status and purchasing history;
- Information obtained through your online interactions with SEBA GmbH such as your IP address or cookie identifiers;
- Information contained in your application for employment such as your resume, age, education, professional history and contact details.
We will solely collect and use the Personal Information which is needed for our business goals, to perform a contract with you, or to comply with our lawful obligations.
Particularly, SEBA GmbH may use your Personal Information to enable us to, as relevant:
- provide our products & services and technical assistance to our clients;
- obtain goods or services from our suppliers;
- explore potential business occasions and work with our business partners;
- perform transactions;
- provide more efficient customer service;
- communicate with you, such as in relation to industry events or to let you know of other products and/or services which might interest you or the company you work for;
- boost your experience on our websites; or
The Personal Information we demand is optional for you to provide, but we may not be able to meet your request or provide you with our products & services without that information. To protect your privacy, you should not give any information that is not specifically requested. Sometimes there are situations where we are mandatory by law to collect certain Personal Information from you and if this is the case, we are going to inform you of the law that imposes this need. Where logically practical, we will collect your Personal Information only directly from you. However, in some situations we may also collect Personal Information from a 3rd party (such as a credit report agency), or from publicly accessible sources of information.
We will not use your PI (Personal Information) in a manner that is inconsistent with the goals of its original collection, unless you have admitted.
SEBA GmbH will only retain your Personal Information for as long as we reasonably require it for our business purposes, or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
Disclosure of your Personal Information:
SEBA GmbH has a global vision with legal entities, business processes and technical systems that operate across borders. From time to time, we may reveal your Personal Information to other 3rd parties required to process your transactions, provide you with our goods and/or services and service your account. Examples of such 3rd parties include, lawyers, auditors, accountants’ advisers and credit reporting agencies.
Where SEBA GmbH engages a 3rd party to process any Personal Information on its behalf, we will have in place a suitable data processing agreement which protects your Personal Information as mandatory by law. Where we transfer your Personal Information to another country, we will always take convenient measures to protect your Personal Information and comply with practicable laws relating to cross-border transfers.
Your rights in relation to the Personal Information we collect from you:
SEBA GmbH takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You have the right to request access to the Personal Information we are holding about you, and to request that any inaccurate Personal Information is deleted or corrected without delay.
If you no longer do not works with us and we no longer need your Personal Information for the purposes which we collected it for or to comply with a legal requirement, you can also ask us to delete or de-identify the Personal Information we hold about you.
If you wish to get your Personal Information, or request that it be corrected or deleted, please make your request directly to SEBA GmbH using the contact details which are below.
Protection of your Personal Information:
SEBA GmbH takes all logically and appropriate steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss and unauthorized access, disclosure and modification and disclosure. We do this by ensuring that our databases, systems and facilities are secure, that our employees and associates are bound by and comply with our policies and procedures regarding Personal Information and confidentiality, and by putting in place appropriate contractual terms with 3rd parties. While we will take all appropriate and reasonable steps, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of your Personal Information.
How are cookies used on this website?
SEBA GmbH websites use the following categories of cookies:
- “Preference cookies” are required to get information (language & region) that alters the way the website.
- “Marketing cookies” are necessary to seek visitors across websites. They permit SEBA GmbH or 3rd party advertisers to show ads (whether on a SEBA GmbH site or a 3rd party site) that are relevant and engaging for the singular user.
- “Statistic cookies” are useful for realizing that how visitors interact with websites. For instance, statistic cookies collect data such as the times and dates of visits as well as the number and pages viewed by every visitor, which is used to determine the performance and usefulness of our websites;
Some of the cookies used by SEBA GmbH website is session cookies (that is, they remain on your device only while you are browsing a website) whereas other cookies remain on your device for longer term, or permanently (unless they’re deleted as discussed below). The cookies are placed by SEBA GmbH, or by 3rd parties, for instance social media companies with services that appear on our pages.
Under the laws applicable to SEBA GmbH, we can keep cookies on your device if they are strictly necessary for the operation of our sites (ie, the Necessary Cookies defined above). For all other types of cookies we need your consent.
When you use your device to visit a SEBA GmbH website for the first time, or where a certain period has elapsed between visits, you’ll be asked to complete a declaration (the “Cookie Declaration”) which provides you with information regarding the cookies which are placed by the site, and requires you to indicate whether you consent to the placement of Statistic Cookies, Preference Cookies and Marketing Cookies as defined above).
Please note that if you do not agree with the placement of Preference Cookies, Statistic Cookies or Marketing Cookies on your device, this may diminish the functionality of our websites.
You can also change or withdraw your consent by updating your Cookie Declaration at any time by using this link.
Managing and deleting cookies using your browser settings
Opting out of contacts from SEBA GmbH
You can opt out of receiving communications from SEBA GmbH at any time by contacting us using the contact details shown below.
Please provide your email to the attention of the related department.
You may contact us in writing at the following address, alternatively:
Ziegeleiweg 6a, 51149 Köln
Tel : +49 162 6963172
Fax : +49 163 800 33 55